Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Reductio ad absurdam

That's my life now. Moot. Pointless. Without any sort of useful contribution to society, other than my DNA to my kids. More to the point, it's not even my fault. I pour my heart and soul into a family, a marriage, and what do I get? Stabbed in the back like Caesar. Betrayed by friends and confidants who don't have the bloody nerve to face me with their problems. So, where does that leave me? Back to where I was 20 odd years ago. Single. So, the point of all that time I invested? There isn't one. Sad, really, that life is such a waste for 99% of people. Even sadder is the fact that none of those 99% even realize it. They are just too busy ignoring it to want to face it.

Ah well....life goes on. Long after it's sell-by date has passed.

No comments: